Taste the flavours of Slovenia and see its spectacular natural landscapes
Slovenia is rich in rural beauty and has a wonderful cuisine, influenced by its diverse landscapes. This six-day tour will show you the mesmerising scenery and the delicious flavours of the country's different regions.
Your first stop is Ljubljana, where you can stroll cobbled streets and people-watch in cute cafes. Kamnik, the centre of Slovenia's craft beer production is also on your itinerary and you'll visit the town's biggest brewery for a tour and tasting.
You'll witness Slovenia's exceptional scenery with a trip into the country's verdant hills to learn about local herb and tea culture. Other landmarks on this trip are the famous Lake Bled, the majestic Triglav National Park where you'll walk the Tolmin Gorges, and the Vipava Valley, where you'll taste some local wines.
A highlight of the tour will be a Truffle Hunting excursion where you'll learn about the process of finding truffles before enjoying a hearty homestead dinner.
Reasons to book
Serene Lake Bled
Truffle hunting expedition
Wine tasting in Vipava Valley
The Skocjan caves
Slovenia’s craft beer capital
- Return flights from the UK
- Services of a bilingual guide
- All transfers, including airport transfers on the arrival and departure day
- Two nights' accommodation in Ljubljana
- One night's accommodation in Bled
- Two nights' accommodation in Istra
- Breakfast each day at your hotel, one picnic lunch, one homestead dinner
- Local herbs and tea tasting
- Visit to Velika Planina
- Brewery tour and craft beer tasting
- Visit to Triglav National Park
- Walk along the Tolmin Gorge Circuit
- Wine tour and tasting in the Vipava Wine Valley
- Guided tour of the UNESCO Skocjan Caves
- Olive Oil tasting and picnic
- Truffle hunting excursion
Day1Arrive in LjubljanaLjubljana, Slovenia
Once you've arrived, transferred to your hotel and checked in, you'll have the opportunity to explore the colourful and charming old town of Slovenia's capital before a group meeting in the evening with your guide.
There's also the opportunity to eat at Strelec Restaurant, Ljubljana's Michelin-star restaurant in Ljubljana Castle, not included.
Day2Explore the countrysideGornji Grad, Slovenia
After breakfast, you'll travel into the foothills of the Slovenian mountains to enjoy some of the country's most picturesque scenery. You'll stop at the Gornji Grad, a little town that looks like a set for the Sound of Music. Here you'll learn all about all the benefits of herbs, from their medicinal uses to making incense, and of course learn how to make the perfect cup of tea.
You'll then travel to the spectacular 'Veliko Planino' or 'the Big Pasture Plateau' for lunch. Accessible by cable car, it offers an insight into the traditional rural countryside with shepherd's huts and breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains.
The next stop is the pretty mediaeval town of Kamnik, the epicentre of Slovenia's craft beer scene, where you'll visit one of the local breweries and of course, have a tasting.
Foodies may want to eat at Hisa Linhart for dinner, a local Michelin-star restaurant (not included).
Day3Triglav National ParkBled, Slovenia
After a morning marvelling at the natural beauty of Lake Bled with its island, castle and church, you'll travel the famed scenic mountain drive through Triglav National Park with photo stops along the way.
Then you'll stop at Tolmin where you'll stop for lunch and walk the Tolmin Gorge circuit. Alternatively, for those that wish to, you can opt out of this and have the opportunity to eat at Hisa Franko for lunch, the country's only two Michelin-star restaurant (not included).
After lunch, you'll be taken to Vipava Valley to finish the day tasting wines as the sun sets.
Day4Explore the Istria regionPiran, Slovenia
After breakfast, you'll be transferred to the impressive UNESCO-protected Skocjan Caves for a guided tour. Then you'll travel the short distance to the coastline with its many olive groves for a picnic and olive oil tasting.
Once your lunch has settled, you'll travel to Slovenia's prettiest coastal town of Piran for a coffee and a wander. Your final stop of the day is a truffle-hunting excursion, after which you'll enjoy a rustic truffle-themed homestead dinner with your welcoming host.
Alternatively, should you wish to, you can skip the homestead dinner and dine at Cob, a local Michelin-star restaurant (not included).
Today you'll transfer back to Ljubljana and have time to explore the city independently.
Enjoy some more free time in Ljubljana before your transfer to the airport for your flight back home.
Brought to you by
* From price is per person, based on two people sharing a room, subject to availability. Price and itinerary correct at time of print but may be subject to change. Single supplement £250. Deposit 30%. Local charges such as tourist tax may apply. Travel insurance is not included and should be taken out at time of booking. Images used may not reflect your actual tour experience. This holiday may be sold through other selected brands. Tour is operated by and subject to the booking conditions of TS Travel (ATOL bonded).