Scenic Cotswolds & Country Gardens with Rachel de Thame
The Cotswolds is one of the UK's most picturesque areas, with honey-hued villages nestled amidst rolling hills, and cosy, historic pubs to hide away in.
This beautiful region is home to a whole host of spectacular gardens, from manicured grounds surrounding imposing stately homes to cute cottage gardens hidden away behind chocolate-box cottages.
A highlight of this trip is a visit to Bourton House with Gardeners' World presenter Rachel de Thame. Rachel will join you on an exclusive guided tour of the gardens, sharing her knowledge as you witness the elegant terraces, lush herbaceous borders, creatively planted flowerbeds, and exotic trees.
Reasons to book
Meet Rachel de Thame
Stay in a hotel with tranquil grounds
Painswick Rococo Garden
Your expert guide
- Four nights bed and breakfast at the Hilton Puckrup Hall Hotel
- Visit to Bourton House gardens in the company of Rachel de Thame
- Talk and Q&A by Rachel de Thame
- Services of tour manager David Hurrion
- Four dinners at the hotel
- Afternoon tea at Bourton House
- Lunch at Miserden
- Full programme of visits and guided tours as detailed in itinerary
- Coach transfers throughout the trip
Day1Arrive in TewkesburyTewkesbury, United Kingdom
You'll arrive at your hotel in Tewkesbury this afternoon, before enjoying a welcome drink to meet your fellow guests. Afterwards, there's a private dinner with wine at the hotel.
Day2Hidcote Gardens and KiftsgateHidcote Manor, United Kingdom
After breakfast, you'll depart from the hotel and travel to Hidcote Gardens in the north Cotswolds. This National Trust garden is one of the best-known Arts and Crafts gardens in Britain, and you'll love exploring its series of outdoor rooms, each with its own unique character. You'll listen to an introductory talk before exploring the gardens at your own pace, with the option to stop for lunch at one of Hidcote's cafes (not included).
In the afternoon, you'll travel to nearby Kiftsgate Court Gardens, a special garden created by three generations of women horticulturists. Kiftsgate is famous for its own rose, the Rosa filipes or 'Kiftsgate' Rose, thought to be the largest rose in Britain.
After your visit, you'll return to the hotel for dinner.
Day3Batsford Arboretum and Bourton HouseBatsford Arboretum, United Kingdom
This morning, you'll visit the fascinating Batsford Arboretum, where you can see its inspiring collection of over 1,500 trees, with species from all over the world. There are lovely maples, bamboo, magnolias, prunus and oaks to wander between in this 56-acre garden.
After lunch (not included), you'll head to Bourton House, where Rachel de Thame will join you for an exclusive guided visit and afternoon tea. Rachel has many years of gardening experience, so she will have plenty of insights to share with you as you explore these enchanting grounds.
In the evening, Rachel will give an insightful talk about gardening.
Day4Eastleach House Gardens and Rodmarton ManorEastleach, United Kingdom
After breakfast, you'll head to Eastleach House, a spectacular Grade II listed country house with magnificent manicured gardens. The gardens cover 14 acres and include a rill garden with waterfalls running over thirteen carved stone steps and a walled garden where you'll discover the sunken wildlife pond.
After visiting Eastleach House you'll head into Cirencester, known as the capital of the Cotswolds, where you can find a local cafe or pub for lunch (not included).
Once you've explored Cirenceter's pretty streets, you'll travel to Rodmarton Manor, another Arts and Crafts-style house with an eight-acre garden to enjoy. Originally built as a series of outdoor rooms, the garden has a wide selection of plants and is a haven for birds and butterflies.
After departing from Rodmarton Manor, you'll return to the hotel for dinner.
Day5Painswick Rococo Garden and MiserdenPainswick, United Kingdom
This morning, your first trip of the day will be to Painswick Rococo Garden. These gardens are characterised by the rococo style, with ornamental décor, pastel colours, and asymmetry.
You'll find pretty follies, woodland walking trails, a large maze and a gift shop where you can buy a reminder of this 300-year-old garden to take home with you.
Afterwards, you'll travel to Miserden, where you'll have time for a relaxing lunch in the Glasshouse Café. After you've eaten, explore the gardens here, with their topiary yew walk and magnificent mixed borders, against a backdrop of the rolling Cotswold hills.
You'll then head back to the hotel as your tour comes to an end.
This lovely four-star hotel in Tewkesbury on the edge of the Cotswolds is set in 140 acres and boasts comfortable rooms, a rejuvenating spa, pool, health club and Championship Golf course. You’ll be in prime position to explore the picturesque countryside and take in Tewkesbury Abbey, which is just 10 minutes from the door.
Brought to you by
For general information, click here.
To view TS Tours as agent for Travel Editions’ supplier’s terms and conditions click here.
* From price is per person, based on two people sharing a room, subject to availability. Price and itinerary correct at time of print but may be subject to change. Single supplement £343. Deposit £75pp. Local charges such as tourist tax may apply. In the case of unforeseen circumstances, expert(s) may be substituted, and any expert-led events may be subject to change. Expert(s) will not join you for your full trip duration unless otherwise stated. Travel insurance is not included but required for most of our overseas trips, and should be taken out at time of booking. Images used may not reflect your actual tour experience. This holiday may be sold through other selected brands. Tour is operated by and subject to the booking conditions of Travel Editions Group Ltd, ABTA V3120 and TS Travel Limited (ATOL bonded).